West Siberia airports and Aeroflot flights - Aeroflot Soviet Airlines Archives

Go to content
West Siberia CAD
Западно-Сибирское УГА
Russian Soviet Federative Socialist Republic (RSFSR)
West Siberia CAD domestic routes map, early 1970s
 
West Siberia

12 pp, 100 x 225 mm, RU
West Siberia

8 panels (16 pp), 100 x 220 mm, RU
Aviareklama
West Siberia

12 pp, 220 x 182 mm, RU
Aviareklama, ca. 1978
Barnaul - Барнаул
Kemerovo - Кемерово

An-10A CCCP-11175

An-10A 'CCCP-11175' entered service early 1960 with the Ukrainian CAD, later it flew with the Moldova and Syktyvkar departements until it was transferred to MAP in 1973. Early June 1977 it was flown to Kemerovo where it was installed in a park at Lenin Avenue and used as a children's cinema from April 1978, as seen in the 2 postcards below.  In 1998 it became the victim of arsonry and was removed.

CHILDREN'S CINEMA "ANTOSHKA"
April 10, 1978, in the plane AN-10, donated to small citizens of the city, the first demonstration of a children's film took place. Over the years, the cinema has gained immense popularity among children - the hall, designed for 100 seats, is never empty.
Kemerovo airport

Kemerovo airport was opened in 1963. In 1977, its new modern building was built. Commercial airliners fly to Moscow, Leningrad, Tash- kent, Alma-Ata, Frunze, Karaganda, to the cities of the Black Sea, the Northern East, and the Northern Caucasus. Planes of local lines connect Kemerovo with the mountain-taiga regions of the region.'

postcard 1978 - 25,000
Novosibirsk - Новосибирск

Two airports:

  • Novosibirsk-Severny (North): Official opening date 17 May 1929 with the first mail aircraft Fokker S-4 to Omsk. In November 1930, the airfield was relocated. In 1959 the new air terminal opened. The airport was 5 km from city center and when the wind blew from the north, the planes were approaching right above the center. When Tolmachevo opened, Severny became the secondary airport serving regional and local routes. Closed since 2011.

  • Novosibirsk-Tolmachevo: On 25 April 1941 started the construction of a military airfield by prisoners. The official birthdate of the airport is 12 July 1957, with the departure of the first scheduled Tu-104 flight to Moscow (50 pax). On 21 November 1963 the air terminal, by architect A. A. Volovik, was commissioned and had a capacity of 1,000 passengers per hour.
Timetable Novosibirsk airports
from 15 May until 14 November 1970

Timetable for both Novosibirsk and Tolmachevo airport. From Novosibirsk were local destinations served by An-2, Li-2 Il-14 and An-24. From the Tolmachevo airport flew An-24, An-10, Il-18, Tu-104.

2 pp, 306 x 622 mm, RU
МН09258. Новосибирск, тип. "Советская Сибирь". 1970 г. Зак. 1519
1970 - 25,000
Air Gate of Siberia - Novosibirsk


6 panels (12 pp), 104 x 227 mm, RU
МН15933. Новосибирск, Полиграфкомбинат Зак. 1118
Novosibirsk

This book contains two photos of Tolmachevo and one of Novosibirsk-'North'.

100 pp, hardcover plus dustjacket, 275 x 235 mm, RU-EN-FR-GE
Publishing House 'Progress'
Moscow, 1965 - 80,000
Severny
Tolmachevo
Omsk - Омск

'Airport Building. Regular passenger flights with Omsk began in 1930. Omsk airport today is not only the "air gates" of the city, but of the whole of Western Siberia. Through Omsk is the Moscow-Khabarovsk highway, some international lines. Air routes connect Omsk with the largest cities of Central Asia and Siberia. Omsk aviators made a great contribution to the development of the wealth of the Tyumen region. The airport building was built in 1967. Currently, Omsk airport can accept any aircraft. Photo by A. Tophea'
Томск - Tomsk
Aircraft Monuments - Авиапамятники
Tupolev 104B CCCP-42494 - Novosibirsk

The plane was registered on 21 November 1960 and had a 100 pax configuration. It was converted to a Tu-104B-TS cargo/medevac version by an ARZ 21feb72; soc 27dec77 as life-time expired; donated by NAPO im. Chkalova to the city of Novosibirsk in 1979 and transported to the 'Берёзовая Роща' (Birch Grove) Park (order dated 28mar79, was to be put up until 01jun79); used as café "Samolyot" (aircraft) in 1983 (the modifications took several years), but was closed down after several months due to deficiencies in hygiene; removed in 1985; remains l/n near Irkutsk-Zapadny airfield in 1989; scrapped
contact us on: info@aeroflotarchives.com
or visit our facebook page:
Back to content